Hawaii State Marriage License Agent on Maui
MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION
In order to expedite the Marriage licensing process, please either FAX or E-Mail your completed application prior to your appointment to the following:
Phone: (808) 875-8459
2561 Omiko Place (Keonekai Estate)
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753
Fax Application to: (808) 879-0803
Email Appointment Requested Date, Time and Contact Info.
On-line Completable Application Form
Please note that you will need to either download or open this form in adobe acrobat to complete
and then you can print or submit, Thank you.
Please park IN the drive way NOT on the street
Listed you will find the information you will need to obtain a Marriage License in the State of Hawaii and a Map to the Office.
1)Download Application Form:
Fill out Application,
Fill out marriage license application form completely.
2) Marriage License Agent will Request:
* Marriage License Application Form
* Proof of Age (Driver License, Pass Port, State I.D. etc...)
* Marriage License Fee in Cash to agent $70.00 ($65.00-State Fee, $5-Agent Fee)
*The agent will give you the marriage license (white color).
3) Before The Ceremony:
* Make sure the marriage performer is commissioned by the State of Hawaii, Department of Health.
*Couple presents marriage license to marriage performer (Minister, Priest, Judge).
4)After The Ceremony:
*Marriage performer, couple and witnesses sign marriage license form which then becomes the marriage certificate.
5) Choosing your middle name and last names:
6) Name Options :
*See worksheet from agent
7) Print and sign new names:
*After the middle names and last names have been decided upon:
* Print these names in block #16 on the Marriage License, in the presents of the marriage performer after the ceremony.
* Then SIGN your FULL NEW NAMES.
8) Your Marriage Certificate:
* Will be mail to you approximately 120 days after receipt of marriage certificate from the license performer (Minister, Priest, or Judge).
* If you need a marriage certificate SOONER, ask you marriage agent for a request form for a certified copy.
* Mail the request form and correct fee to the Vital Records Section. Refer to the request form for the correct fee and complete mailing address.
9) Didn't get your certificate?
* Questions about not receiving your certified copy of the marriage certificate should be directed to the mailing section of the office of health status monitoring in Honolulu. Call: (808) 586-4544
* This should be done no later than 6 months after marriage.
10) About your marriage license:
* Your license is valid for 30 days. (Day 1 is the day you get it). After 30 days, it is no longer valid.
* If you do not get married with in 30 days, return the license in the PRE- addressed envelope to the local registrar in your county. We need to invalidate and file any unused licenses.